Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Watermelon and Lime Sorbet


Whew! It has been a blazing past few days here in Cali. I found a great way to cool us all down was to mix up some icy treats.
This one can be enjoyed by the whole family. My husband, 6 month old and 2 yorkies all cooled down with this one!

Watermelon and Lime Sorbet
4c chunks of frozen watermelon
1c frozen rice milk cubes
*If using an ice cream maker, you don't have to pre freeze, just follow manufacturers instructions*
juice of 1 large lime or 2 small limes
2/3c syrup(agave, maple, brown rice, etc)

I used maple because it's what I had on hand. I would have preferred agave, because of the light flavor. Toss everything in a high speed blender(health master, vita-mix) and mix until just blended.
Enjoy straight from the blender or put in popsicle molds and enjoy later!

No comments: