Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chocolate Festival and Dessert Competition


Last weekend I participated in the 5th annual Belmont Shores Chocolate Dessert Competition. This was my first time competing and it turned out to be alot of fun!

The competition was filled with all types of deserts. From bon bons to layer cakes to ice cold hot chocolate. With the addition of my vegan and raw treats, there was something there for everyone.

I baked vegan coconut cream cookies for the cookie/brownie category and prepared raw super food chocolates for the unique treats category. If I had it to do over again, I would have entered just one category. It was a bit too stressful running back in forth between sections to try and speak with the judges and serve my desserts.

No, I didn't win or even place, but it sure was a wonderful experience. I will definitely compete in a cooking competition again.

Chocolate Festival 2010, here I come!

No comments: