Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The 8th Annual Walk For Hope

http://www.bethecause.org/walkforhope/web/
The Walk for Hope is this Saturday, Oct 17th at El Dorado park, Long Beach, Ca. Don't miss out on an opportunity to take part in this life changing event!

This will be my 3rd time attending the WFH and my second time volunteering. Three years ago while looking for some competitive race events to sign up for, I came across a posting for the walk. After perusing the website and reading about it, I thought I would attend. That was one of the best decisions of my life! Little did I know that the organization that puts on the event, Be The Cause, would become such a huge part of my life.

The purpose of the Walk for Hope is to spread Love. Such a simple idea manifested in a unique way. The walk itself is not a competitive one, but an opportunity to stroll through nature and stop at the various activity stations to perhaps reflect, give pause or even look ahead. It's an amazing journey that ends with a delicious lunch and camaraderie with family, friends and fellow walkers.

One of the most amazing things about the walk is it's made possible all through volunteers and donations. Registration is free and all participants receive a free t-shirt, free lunch and memories that last a lifetime.
Be sure to register if you haven't already.
http://www.bethecause.org/walkforhope/web/

No comments: